Friday, February 25, 2005

Out of commission

For some reason, I have been having a hard time posting. Not that I have had much to say. But I did, of course, have to repeat Hunter S. Thompson's famous quote about journalism. When I borrowed a newspaper buddy's well worn copy of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas," the book always automatically and instantly fell open to this passage:

The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits - a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He got down to 'brass tacks,' that's for sure.

I like how his work was niether red or blue, but a purple haze.