Thursday, September 04, 2003

Mayor Chuck Tooley gives an update:

"We received good news this morning. After my CT scan at 8:00 AM, Joanie and I went to Dr. Marchello's office to look at the new pictures and compare them with the old ones.

"In a nutshell, I'm doing very well, with almost all of the swollen lymph nodes gone. A large one still remains, but has decreased in size by 2/3 and there are still spots (much smaller) on my liver. All in all, though, it is a day for joy and thankful prayer.

"I'm probably 20 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of the year, and bald as a billiard ball, but I'm starting to do pullups, situps, stretches, and other exercises again. I want to be physically fit as soon as possible after the treatments are over. I will continue with chemotherapy tomorrow morning and every 3 weeks thereafter until December 18th.

"Thanks for your good thoughts and messages and emotional support. They mean a lot to me.

Chuck"

No comments: