Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blogging time

KULR-8's new story on blogging says that two in five teenagers read blogs. Hmmm. Every fall, I ask my journalism students at Rocky about blogging, and I never get anywhere near that response. In fact, I don't think I've had a single student who read political blogs, and I can recall only one who had a blog of her own. I guess there are lots of ways to define what constitutes "reading" blogs. And I suppose it's possible that blogging is coming along so fast that even college students are behind their peers just a couple of years younger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get your hopes up. Blogging is for losers and neurotics. Kids know that.

Anonymous said...

That first response is WAY off the mark. The kids I teach, a good cross-section of Billings, are into blogs, primarily MySpace.com where quite a few have their own sites. The older kids are more into facebook.com.