Sunday, April 05, 2009

Out of my head

So when I started to buy records, it was pretty much Simon and Garfunkel for a while (even at $2.60 a pop at Gibson's Discount, I couldn't afford to buy many records). There must be another S&G song stuck somewhere in my head. Lessee:

I'm sitting in a railway station,
Got a ticket for my destination.
On a tour of one-night stands,
My suitcase and guitar in hand,
And every stop is neatly planned
For a poet and a one-man band.

Homeward bound, I wish I was homeward bound.
Home, where my thoughts' escaping,
Home, where my music's playing,
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me.

Every day's an endless stream
Of cigarettes and magazines.
And each town looks the same to me,
The movies and the factories,
And every stranger's face I see
Reminds me that I long to be ... (Chorus)

Tonight I'll play my songs again,
And I'll play the game, and pretend.
But all my words come back to me
In shades of mediocrity.
Like emptiness and harmony,
I need someone to comfort me. (Chorus)

No comments: