Saturday, May 19, 2007

Simple surgery

I was off work most of yesterday hanging around St. Vincent Healthcare while my wife had her gall bladder removed. It certainly has become an efficient procedure. She was in at 6 a.m., home by 4 p.m. She might have been home by noon if her blood pressure hadn't lagged.

Within a few years, I suspect, hospitals will just rent you the use of the operating room and hand you a page of instructions, then you can take internal organs out yourself. Caution: Wash hands before attempting surgery.

2 comments:

Matt Singer said...

David -- sounds like everything is good, but I wanted to let you know that I (along with the rest of the Montana blogosphere) are wishing for your wife's full return to health soon.

David said...

Thanks for the kind words, Montucky Liberal. Everything is going extremely well, and she should be back at work this week.