Sunday, June 17, 2007

Quickbooks update

I expressed my frustration below with Quickbooks and Intuit. Just so you know, I have been using the new version for a couple of weeks now, and it is inferior in every detectable respect to the version it replaced. I have to suspect that Quickbooks is deliberately making its products worse. Some other complainers say that is so it can sell more updates to fix the problems it creates. I don't doubt it.

So my system has slowed to a crawl, the program takes up far more space on my computer, and I am having to relearn much of what I already knew so I can adjust to all of the pointless changes. It even looks uglier.

My payroll subscription expires in a couple of weeks, and I have been trying to get the company to tell me what assurances I have that it won't arbitrarily wipe the tax tables out of my system again whenever it chooses. Of course, Intuit refuses to answer that question.

So today I learn that the letter-writing function of the program no longer works. For that, I have to upgrade my version of Microsoft Word. More hassle, more annoyance, more expense -- all so I can continue to enjoy continued degradation of service.

Never, ever, ever buy from Intuit.

No comments: