Sunday, June 01, 2008

Primary update

As the primary closes in, the e-mails keep getting stranger. My favorites so far today:
Since all this stuff about these rouge pastors at the Trinity Church of Christ has been on the news, I went on the internet and found that church. These are not rouge people, this is their theology.

Even better comes one from an ongoing e-mail exchange with someone who maintains that Barack Obama has said that he wants to change the national anthem to "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing." I was girding up my loins to doubt this (to borrow a phrase from Mark Twain) when the e-mailer argued that the whole thing had been confirmed on the Snopes website. As it turns out, the story is on Snopes, which says it isn't true.

Undaunted, the e-mailer responded:
I have lived with Sharea Law and know what it looks like first hand. I have also been in 32 counties around the world. I have seen what I see in Obama in other countries. This man scares me because I know the sound of trouble and this man carries that sound with him.

I know that sound, too. Sort of like a Coca-Cola commercial.

UPDATE 1: This just in:
I hope Obama loses bigtime because he's a two-faced, lying, corrupt, little cheat. Any election he ever won was through corruption, intimidation, threats, his thugs, and thievery.


And this, from the Hillary-hating camp, at the end of a long string of amazing allegations involving murder, drug use and lesbian sex in the White House:
A one thousand page report will be sent to the leaders of 240 countries. The truth about Bill and Hillary Clinton will be exposed. They will be the laughing stock of the world.

No comments: