Friday, July 25, 2008

Nader on the ballot

Just got a news release from the Ralph Nader presidential campaign announcing that he was turning in 9,500 signatures today to get on the Montana ballot in November (5,000 signatures are required).

I have mixed feelings about this. Nader's supporters were collecting signatures at Dehler Park this week. I declined to sign on Sunday, then relented and signed on Monday.

Generally, I like having more candidates on the ballot, just to shake up the two-party system a bit. And I like Nader, just as I usually like single-minded, endlessly committed political figures. But he has about worn out his welcome with me. No protest vote for you this year, Ralph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't vote for him either this time around, but I'll be darned if there is a candidate on the ballot with a better record of service to his country than Mr. Nader.